The Catholic Medical Association (UK) is a registered charity which all Catholic healthcare professionals, hospital chaplains and managers involved in clinical service may join to access a range of services which aim to make it easier for you to integrate your faith and your clinical practice, to network online or at branch meetings with like-minded colleagues in your area or with specialty interests in common.
On this website:
CMA Annual Conference 2016:
Principles and Practice of Palliative Care in the Year of Mercy
Booking for our annual national conference is now open
About the Conference
- This years annual conference will look at the way in which we deliver the best palliative care.
- What are the fundamental principles underlying palliative care?
- The role of spiritual care
- Issues around pain relief and deprivation of consciousness?
- Care that values the individual
- Care that values the patient
- Understanding the meaning of dying
Confirmed speakers include
- Fr John O’Leary, Private Secretary to Archbishop Vincent Nichols
- Dr Trevor Stammers, GP and Programme Director in the School of Art and Humanities at St Mary's University
- Professor Patrick Pullicino, Professor in Neurology
- Dr Adrian Treloar, Consultant Psychiatrist and Specialist in Advanced Dementia Care
- Teresa Lynch, RGN. Chair of Nurses Opposed to Euthanasia
- Colin Harte, former carer of Alison Davis
Our Annual CMA Conference
Saturday 16th May 2015 at Thistle County Hotel, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
With our Annual General Meeting on 17th May.
Catholic Healthcare Student Conference
8th Nov 2014. Westminster Cathedral Hall
The Catholic Medical Missionary Society
The CMA has its own charity to support medical projects in the third world. We support carefully selceted projects and welcome donations as well as requests for help. Read about it on our CMMS page.