The Catholic Medical Association (UK) is a registered charity which all Catholic healthcare professionals, hospital chaplains and managers involved in clinical service may join to access a range of services which aim to make it easier for you to integrate your faith and your clinical practice, to network online or at branch meetings with like-minded colleagues in your area or with specialty interests in common.
On this website:
The Catholic Medical Missionary Society
The CMA has its own charity to support medical projects in the third world. We support carefully selceted projects and welcome donations as well as requests for help. Read about it on our CMMS page.
Saturday 21st January 2017
Natural Family Planning: An Introduction
If you want to know more about NFP and how it works, on 21st January 2017 come and hear Catholic doctors and nurses speak about NFP methods and how they integrate them into their professional work.
Mass and Brunch at Westminster Cathedral. Saturday 3rd December
Change of arrangements for 3rd Dec: Mass & Brunch
Instead of going to Brown's restaurant after Mass, we will meet in a hired room just a minute away from the Cathedral for tea, coffee, cake and croissants.
After Mass, please make your way to the steps outside the Cathedral to join other CMA members and we will walk over together.
We hope this will make for a more informal atmosphere and allow people to mingle better!
Please join us!
If you know you are definitely coming, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. This allows us to plan ahead for the catering.
click here for details
The Way of Mercy for healthcare professionals Saturday 12th November Westminster Cathedral
CMA conference on the Beginning of Life. 22nd October 2016
Booking for October Juniors and Students of the Healthcare Professions meeting is now openClick here for details of the meeting
Sacrament of Marriage, Family Life, Humanae Vitae, Pro-life, The Gospel of Life, Church teaching
Who is this for?
All juniors and students of the healthcare professions (doctors, nurses, midwives, medical students, nursing students etc)
CMA Annual Conference 2016:
Principles and Practice of Palliative Care in the Year of Mercy
Booking for our annual national conference is now open
About the Conference
- This years annual conference will look at the way in which we deliver the best palliative care.
- What are the fundamental principles underlying palliative care?
- The role of spiritual care
- Issues around pain relief and deprivation of consciousness?
- Care that values the individual
- Care that values the patient
- Understanding the meaning of dying
Confirmed speakers include
- Fr John O’Leary, Private Secretary to Archbishop Vincent Nichols
- Dr Trevor Stammers, GP and Programme Director in the School of Art and Humanities at St Mary's University
- Professor Patrick Pullicino, Professor in Neurology
- Dr Adrian Treloar, Consultant Psychiatrist and Specialist in Advanced Dementia Care
- Teresa Lynch, RGN. Chair of Nurses Opposed to Euthanasia
- Colin Harte, former carer of Alison Davis
Our Annual CMA Conference
Saturday 16th May 2015 at Thistle County Hotel, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
With our Annual General Meeting on 17th May.
Catholic Healthcare Student Conference
8th Nov 2014. Westminster Cathedral Hall