Annnual Conference and AGM July30th-31st 2016
CMA Annual Conference 2016:
Principles and Practice of Palliative Care in the Year of Mercy
Booking for our annual national conference is now open
About the Conference
- This years annual conference will look at the way in which we deliver the best palliative care.
- What are the fundamental principles underlying palliative care?
- The role of spiritual care
- Issues around pain relief and deprivation of consciousness?
- Care that values the individual
- Care that values the patient
- Understanding the meaning of dying
Confirmed speakers include
- Fr John O’Leary, Private Secretary to Archbishop Vincent Nichols
- Dr Trevor Stammers, GP and Programme Director in the School of Art and Humanities at St Mary's University
- Professor Patrick Pullicino, Professor in Neurology
- Dr Adrian Treloar, Consultant Psychiatrist and Specialist in Advanced Dementia Care
- Teresa Lynch, RGN. Chair of Nurses Opposed to Euthanasia
- Colin Harte, former carer of Alison Davis